In the modern workplace, video is everywhere. Using video for internal communications presents an opportunity to share engaging messages and communicate information in a way that is more personal.
Video content can be spread throughout a business in moments, to any number of devices. Thanks to the ease of distribution via smart mobile app, using video for internal communications saves both time and money as it is instantly accessible to employees and integrates perfectly with their everyday online experience.
– People in the 18-34 age group spend almost 50% more time watching online video than they do watching TV (Google Industry Trends)
– 93% of internal communication professionals believe video has become essential (Melcrum Study)
– 69% of internal communication professionals are already using video to engage employees, whilst 41% plan to increase its usage (Alive With Ideas)
– 240 million hours are spent every month watching online video in the UK (Experian Hitwise)
– 54% of employees expect to see video in the workplace (Cisco)
There are hundreds of ways to use video in the workplace. Some are more common than others, but all are used to create content that is more emotive, enhance engagement, simplify complex information, share messages globally, and record key moments.
Creative agency Alive With Ideas suggests 15 ways to use video in internal communications:
1. Employee on-boarding – Use video to introduce new employees to colleagues and company culture.
2. Compliance and training – Make a compliance training video to educate and inform.
3. News and updates – Deliver company goings-on in a weekly or monthly wrap-up.
4. Interviews – Regularly share videos of real people within your large organisation to make teams feel more connected.
5. Employee and team spotlight – A platform for your employees to give insight into their job roles and achievements.
6. Company trivia – Help employees connect with the company by giving a video backstory, highlighting quirky details.
7. Live presentations – Use live videos to keep employees actively involved in big company conversations.
8. Newsletters – Share stories of team members going above and beyond or communicate ways your company is giving back to the community.
9. Management Information and shareholder updates – Deliver important information to key stakeholders in a simple and accessible format.
10. CSR – If your company is involved in a charitable activity, highlight its impact for employees and invite them to get involved.
11. Field-based teams – Keep your remote employees engaged with video content that can be viewed from any location.
12. Financial results – Give an annual overview into the company’s progress towards financial goals.
13. Employee generated content – Garner enthusiasm for internal messages by getting multiple employees and departments involved in producing company videos.
14. Events highlights – Film and give highlights from external events where the company was represented.
15. Thank you – Give a big thank you to your dedicated team.
Save time, money and resource – Using video not only reduces communication and collaboration costs, it improves time efficiencies as messages no longer need to be repeated. By eliminating the need for repetitive communication and making remote collaboration easier, resource management becomes easier.
Flexible and convenience – Video content allows users to watch at their own pace, on a device of their choosing, from any location. This is better for engagement as somebody watching on their own terms is more likely to connect with the content.
Improve engagement – When engagement is optimised, knowledge and information recall in improved. This makes it easier for the information you share via video to be ingrained and remembered, helping you nurture a positive company culture.
More effective – Simply, video content is more engaging, more emotive, and more enjoyable to watch. Video allows you to get your point across in less time, as complex messages can be simplified visually, and different styles allow you to keep content fresh.
Simple and secure – Research by Forrester suggests that one minute of video is worth 1.8 million words – saving you lots of typing and enabling messages to be simplified and shared quicker. Using a smart mobile application to share your video means it can be restricted within your company, so your content is protected.
Using teamHub for your video content
Using teamHub, you can record and share in just a few clicks. teamHub is the fastest and most cost effective way for a business to establish measurably better, two-way communications with every employee. It is the most powerful and personal way to share video content directly with employees by cutting through the noise of all other digital channels.
teamHub also enables detailed analytics on what videos your viewers are watching and for how long. This helps you identify what content employees are finding most engaging and plan future content that is useful and relevant.
Click to read more about teamHub and request a demo.